About SUGA, Inc.
To promote and facilitate the open exchange of information and ideas regarding the enhancement of all SunGard Public Sector products and services through delivery of high quality, cost effective educational and networking opportunities
SUGA is an acronym for the SunGard Public Sector Users’ Group Association, Inc., a 501(C)3 nonprofit organization of SunGard Public Sector software users formed in 1988 to further the continued improvement and expansion of SunGard products and services. SUGA is made up of government and not-for-profit agencies that support Public Safety & Justice, Community Development and Public Administration operating under a volunteer board of directors from member agencies separate from SunGard Public Sector, elected from the membership.
This mission will be accomplished through:
- Promotion of a SUGA website.
- Regional User Training events.
- An annual International Educational and Training event.
- Focused face-to-face networking opportunities at all SUGA events.
- Online networking and support opportunities through the SUGA website and SUGA sponsored discussion groups.
- Any other means deemed appropriate by the board of directors and by the membership.
Membership in SUGA is open to any organization that is a current SunGard Public Sector customer and is current with their SunGard Public Sector maintenance agreement. Membership is currently made of not-for-profit organizations, agencies and subdivisions of state and local government, agencies of the Federal government and educational entities.
Some of the benefits of SUGA membership are:
- Ability to submit and rate ideas for revisions/enhancements (IDEAS) to the SunGard Public Sector software and applications.
- Reduced conference fees for the Annual SUGA Educational Conference for all individuals in a member organization.
- Opportunity to get involved as a SUGA Board Member or participate in other positions that may be available.
- Your organization will have a vote in electing the SUGA Board of Directors (must have at least one employee in attendance at the International Conference to vote).
- Access to SUGA Members Only information on the SUGA website including: user contact lists, training PowerPoint presentations and file sharing.
- Ability of any individual in a member organization to participate in the Discussion Groups (email based topic areas for sharing questions and comments).
- Networking opportunities with thousands of SunGard Public Sector software users.