In an effort to give back to members, the SUGA Board of Directors has announced two new programs. The first is a scholarship program paying up to 15 registration fees to the 2020 CentralSquare user conference. The second is a grant program designed to provide financing for member-led state meetings and trainings.
2020 CentralSquare Registration Scholarship
Scholarships are for conference registration fees in an amount up to $1,000.00, and there are fifteen scholarships being offered. These funds can be used for registration fees only.
- The application process is open to any agency that has been a SUGA member at any time between 2015 – present.
- CentralSquare Registration Scholarships are not available to SUGA board members or Staff, or employees of board member agencies.
- The application process is open thru December 31, 2019.
- Awards will be announced by January 31, 2020.
- Award vouchers will be distributed at a SUGA networking event to be held at the CentralSquare conference.
- In order to ensure scholarships are not awarded to persons who cannot attend the conference, a commitment letter is required from the applicants supervisor. A template for the letter can be found HERE.
CLICK HERE to fill out the scholarship application online.
State Meetup & Training Grants
Recognizing the need for state specific training and networking, SUGA is offering State Meetup Grants of up to $500.00 for individual state networking and training events. Meetup grants are designed to help you gain funding for meeting expenses. (These grants will be offered as long as funds are available.)
If you are interested in hosting a training/networking event for you state you can apply online by clicking HERE.