The SUGA 2019/2020 online election for Board of Directors is now open. Board positions up for election are President-Elect and Secretary, and appointed positions are for Director at Large. The following is a timeline for SUGA’s 2019/2020 nomination/voting process:
1. Online nominations will be open on Monday, April 1, 2019 at 8:00 am (EST) and remain open through 11:59 pm (EST) on Tuesday, April 30, 2019.
2. A Commitment Letter from your organization is required and must be received by SUGA President Aaron Bentley at email@example.com. Any potential nominees who do not provide the Commitment Letter by 4:00 pm (EST) Monday, May 6, 2019 will not be included on the voting ballot.
3. Online Voting will be open from 12:01 am (EST) Wednesday, May 15, 2019 through 11:59 pm (EST) on Saturday, June 15, 2019.
4. The newly elected Board of Directors will be notified via phone. There will be a monthly two-hour conference call at 12:00 pm (EST) on Thursday, July 18, 2019.
5. There will be openings for up to two Director-at-Large positions. These positions will be appointed by the Board of Directors. Interviews of nominees will occur the week of June 17, 2019.
NOTICE: There will be a SUGA Summer Board meeting in August or September, with the location TBD. Newly elected and appointed board members are required to attend this meeting. The meeting normally involves up to five days of travel (up to three meeting days and two travel days).SUGA 2019/2020 Board of Directors Election